donderdag 6 januari 2011

Favorite actresses

I am not going to make a year list as my fellow bloggers did. Probably because I would not be able to make one. I don’t really see the end of the year as a closure to something and I am not that good at summing things up in lists. But I do have one major goal for the next year. I will be working on being able to earn money by doing something I really love: getting involved in theater plays. I don’t know in which way yet, but that is part of the big goal: finding out what my qualities are and if they are good enough to make a profession out of it. I almost completed my bachelor study, which I could use to work behind the scenes, but I want more!
So therefore I did made a list of some sorts. It consists out of my favorite modern actresses at the moment.

1. Cate Blanchett
She can't do anything wrong in my opinion. My all time favorite is her playing Bob Dylan in 'I'm not there'. A woman playing Bob Dylan.. but I think no-one could have done it better. She's also wonderful in 'The Aviator' and in 'Heaven', for which she shaved off her hair. 

Cate as Bob Dylan
Cate as Katharine Hepburn in 'The Aviator'

2. Penelope Cruz
Penelope Cruz did make a lot of movies that, well.. sucked big time. But she's the leading actress in my favorite movie 'Volver' and that made up for all the bad ones. Liked her in 'Vicky, Christina, Barcelona' too, mostly because of her mesmerizing looks.

Volver
Volver
Vicky, Christina. Barcelona
3. Natalie Portman
Another hair-shaving girl. Shaving all your hair, it is something I always wanted tot do but never dare to do..
Back to Natalie, I saw 'Black Swan' yesterday. It is such a beautiful movie and Natalie's performance is outstanding in every way. A bit over the top, but in a good way I guess. I always found her really cool in 'Leon', 'Mars Attacks' and 'V for Vendetta'.


4. Julianne Moore
Favorite performance: 'The Big Lebowski'! And she shouts beautifully in 'Magnolia'.

Maude Lebowski in 'The Big Lebowski'
'The Big Lebowski'
Speaking of great acting performances and end of the year lists: this year I watched the two best series ever made. 'Twin Peaks' and (even better) 'Carnivale' are full off amazing characters which are played wonderfully. These series are really worthwhile to spend your time on.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten