woensdag 13 april 2011

Keep Portland Weird

It’s time to face it. I have been denying it for much too long. I’ve been hiding behind frilly dresses, high heels, living in Rotterdam and having a ton of beauty products.
But the truth is my beauty products are vegan and organic, I live in a squatting home in Rotterdam, I buy mostly vintage clothing and even the metal I listen to is pagan metal.

I’ve been thinking of raising some chickens, riding horses bareback and becoming an organic farmer.

Hi, my name’s Lotte – and I’m a hippy

The next logical step, obviously, is to move to Portland.

This picture was taken by -Dons
You can find out more about the Portland Pony Project right here

This picture was taken by David Mark Erickson

This is Sam Adams, Portland's mayor
what a babe - look at that proud jaw 

 Now, I must admit, I have never been to Portland. All I know about it is from Portlandia, or the time I was vegan and saw it as Heaven on Earth. I will be visiting the beautiful weird city in June. I will be able to share much more with you then. For now I'll just leave you with some Wonderful Weirdness that makes this city pretty awesome.

This picture was taken by Dan Haneckow
It's Le Happy. Are you hungry for some delish' crepes? Go here! It's at 1011 NW 16th Avenue

MRS.FRENCH took this picture of Saint Cupcake
It's at 407 nw 17th ave @ flanders
Just one look at the menu made me drool

This picture was taken by Todd Mecklem
It's Powell's City of Books! This is an independent bookstore in Portland, Oregon, that fills a whole city block with more than a million new, used, and out of print books. You can find it at 1005 W Burnside 



And in case you're not convinced that this city might be one of the most awesome places on Earth, I'll leave you with some Portlandia. If you are from Portland, you might be offended by these. But, honestly, dear Portlandians, that makes you even more like the people portrayed on Portlandia.








I found this picture at Marta Writes




Some links for more Portland love:
SoupCycle - a company that delivers hearty organic soups by bicycle
Portland Places - a blog by Abby tells you about where to go in Portland
Portland Events, Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability - PDXPipeline
The I heart Portland group on Flickr

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten